Four wineries members of WineSur, Bodega del Fin del Mundo, Familia Schroeder, Bodega NQN and Secreto Patagónico will be present at “Espacio Duam”, on October 18, 19 and 20, to participate in the activities to be held at the Neuquén Food Room and Patagonia Wine Room.
Raising the stakes of previous years, in this edition guests [...]
Within the framework of the soccer match between Argentina and Uruguay, Casa Bianchi presented the range of wines “Leo” at the Diplomatic Hotel in Mendoza, the place where the national Argentine team is staying.
The president of Casa Bianchi, Raúl Bianchi, was present at the event together with Andrés Kemeny, Exports Manager and winemaker Facundo Pereira. [...]
2011 Amalaya Torrontes-Riesling
This fruity, aromatic, dry white wine is an imaginative blend of two of my favorite grape varietals: torrontes (85 percent) and riesling (15 percent). It’s a fresh, lively wine with hints of kiwi, lime and juniper berries, along with touches of honey and tropical fruit from the riesling. It’s not a wine for [...]
Ruca Malén winery has initiated an investment program aimed at increasing its production capacity and modernizing bottling and labeling machinery. The project will be completed by 2013 and will allow the firm to reach a production capacity of 750,000 liters. The investment in the project will rise to ARS10,1 million.
In September, Bodegas & Viñedos Casa Montes participated in the Gourmet Show Expo through its importer, Bodega de Vinos. The fair took place in Mexico City.
This year Gourmet Show celebrated its 6th edition. The fair is a specialized exhibit that promotes good eating in Mexico. It summons important people and companies related to food, drinks [...]
Dominio del Plata’s 2011 Susana Balbo Signature Malbec received 90 points in Wine Spectator. The US magazine depicted it as ‘A dense, chewy red, exhibiting dark raspberry coulis, blackberry reduction and plum skin notes that remain fresh through the smoke- and mineral-tinged finish. Fine length. Drink now. 10,000 cases imported.”Read More Comments »
The August issue of the US magazine, Wine Spectator, contained a list with the Argentine wines tasted by Nathan Wesley. The highest scoring wine was Trivento Malbec Mendoza Reserve 2011, obtaining 88 points, with a retail price of USD 11. In the technical notes, the journalist depicts this exponent as a racy wine, with light [...]Read More Comments »
The third edition of the China Wine Awards gathered 100 judges who tasted 2,000 wines and spirits from 35 countries around the world. Argentina was recognized with diverse awards as well as the winery located in Agrelo, Ojo de Vino.
Not only did Dieter Meier Puro Corte D’Oro 2010, Ojo de Vino’s high end wine, won [...]
Here in Argentina, for a wine to be classified as a varietal it has to contain up to 85% of that grape, the other 15% is left for tweaking and enhancing flavor complexities, acidity level, tannins etcetera, etcetera. My Argentina wine blend today is one that actually could have almost been classified as 100% Malbec [...]Read More Comments »
Tim Atkin, renowned Master of Wine and journalist, tasted during the past months 500 Argentine wines, among which he recognized Finca La Chamiza’s icon wine, Martín Alsina, with 90 points.
This Malbec that comes from a 100-year old vineyard in Luján de Cuyo, cradle of this variety, captivated the specialist’s palate who described it as “Super [...]
See the list of wineries